This page is only a general listing of documentation resources for behavioral health. More thorough and detailed explanations are found in Section D-Documentation in the Behavioral Health MultiBook. Documentation is essential to establishing medical necessity and the level of services provided to the patient. Treatment plans and outcome assessments are crucial elements to thorough documentation.
- CMS Complying with Medicare Signature Requirements fact sheet (resource 371)
- The Medicare Program Integrity Manual, Pub. 100-08, Chapter 3, Section 184.108.40.206 B (resource 372)
- MLN Matters Article #: MM5971: CR 5550 Clarification - Signature Requirements (resource 373)
- HHS, Justice Department warns hosipitals on EHR-related payment fraud
- HHS/CMS letter on Cloning to nation's hospitals (resource 374)
- Record Cloning and “Spinners” Attract CMS Gaze DEC 2011
- Treatment Plan Alert-Attention Needed APR 2009